POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : How much will PoVRay cost? : Re: How much will PoVRay cost? Server Time
6 Aug 2024 21:37:04 EDT (-0400)
  Re: How much will PoVRay cost?
Date: 19 Mar 2002 03:43:14
Message: <3c96fa22$1@news.povray.org>
> Here's the proof - deliberately provocative.

Hm. Not really. I don't understand why you are so agressive? There is no
reason....

> Just to point something out, I've never paid a dime for POV-Ray, and I've
> been using it for years.  Legally.  The Team has been saying the same
thing

Did I tell you something different? I used PoV for years as well. But I was
not talking about that.

> the whole time - that they can't and won't charge money for POV - and,
given
> their past performance (over several years) I expect them to keep their
> word.

Me too. But there are costs to cover, right? If the current activities like
Keyring, IRTC, books... are enough to keep PoV up and running: GREAT. If
not, I'd prefer to turn PoV into shareware instead of let it die.

I was not aware of the fact that it insults you to ask for future pricing
policies !?
Sorry about that.

regards
SY